I was placed in an MNC , Right after completing my graduation . I took up the job to explore my interests and passions.After 3 years , i felt that i am not interested in the JOB , want to know more about myself , want to find my passions and would like to explore LIFE.
The best way to know more about yourself and to find your passions is to start trying different things i.e; taking action.So, I quit my job and tried different things. I became a consultant in a technology which i am interested in , i started a blog , i taught mathematics to students who prepare for MBA entrance exams , i co-founded a start-up (which failed with in 6 months ! ) and now helping a manufacturing company in technology selection & strategy.
It is three years since i quit my job and I have learned few interesting lessons from my experiences with people & situations. I am so excited to share my lessons and i put them in the below 5 points.
At anytime in your life if you want to do something bigger than you or you are already trying to do bigger than what you are now, then the below lessons will be a great help.
- Everything that happens helps you grow, even if it’s hard to see it now. Situations will correct you and perfect you over time. Sometimes these situations hit you hard and knock you down. There will be times , where everything is going wrong. And you might feel like you will be stuck in this situation forever, but you won’t. When you feel like quitting, remember that you have to go through the worst, to arrive at your best. So hold on to hope. This is not the end of the story.
- Your perception about people and your interests in life will change with time, and that’s OK. You may not like few things now, which you had liked in the past. So, the only thing you need to expect in your life is change. You should challenge yourself everyday and should try to be better person than yesterday.
- It’s always better to attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing . It’s not over if you’ve lost; it’s over when you do nothing but tell excuses. If you believe in something, keep trying. Don’t let your past experiences hinders you from taking action. Don’t over analyse the things. Take action instead. And regardless of what happens in the long run, remember that true happiness begins to arrive only when you stop complaining about your problems and you start being grateful for all the problems you don’t have.
- I used to think I was the strangest person in the world, but then I come across with so many people just like me who feels weird and flawed in the same ways I do. They often feel , think and struggle much like i do. They care about many of the things that i care about,of course just in their own way. And although some people do not understand us, we understand each other. So , remember this: YOU are not weird and alone!
- The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts. Your future starts in your mind. “Positive thoughts leads to positive future and Negative thoughts leads to Negative future”. It’s the place where the greatest conflict resides. It’s where half of the things you thought were going to happen, never did happen. But if you allow these thoughts to dwell in your mind, they will succeed in stealing your peace, joy, and happiness. You will think yourself into a nervous breakdown, into depression, and into defeat. You are what you think. You can’t change anything if you can’t change your thinking. A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset.
So, just stay FOCUSED on things that you believed in. If you are inspired , inquisitive , optimistic and enthusiastic then this WORLD belongs to YOU. Just go ahead , Live a life that you love.